Thursday, March 4, 2010

Being Sick and Wasting Money

Hello there,
So last week I was pretty sick. The most sick I say i've been in the last 4 or 5 years, which was a pretty weird feeling. I had my girlfriend to take care of me when it was at it's worst but sadly I think I had the stomach flu. I was dry heaving and I forgot how much that shit sucks. I remember a few years back leaving work early one night because I was feeling like shit and as I was driving home I got that feeling in your stomach where your like "okay, calm down, I feel like I might throw up." I parked my car ran up to my front door but I couldn't make it. I turned and threw up all over the rocks by my front door, then started dry heaving for a few minutes. I have no idea why this memory sticks with me but I always think of it when I think of throwing up lol.

So the flu lasted about 2 days and I was back to my normal self. See, for some reason I always felt like i had a strong immune system because I get sick very rarely and even when I do get it bad, I always recover from it somewhat quickly which isn't something I complain about at all. The only (ONLY) good thing that came out of me being sick was Friday I sat down and was able to watch the whole first season of 30 rock (21 episodes) which is something I've been wanting to do since I never have seen them. So that was that, I got sick, I feel better, the end.

So this past month I will be honest, I have spent wayyy too much money. I have had about 6 of my friends turn 21 so I've been to the bar a lot, and then there was Valentine's Day, which I didn't mind spending money for, but its just another holiday that money gets spent. Combine that with only taking about 24 hours at work a week and I have over and over again found myself struggling to have enough money for things. This has led me into to stressful situations, and anyone who knows me, knows that I put a lot of my time thinking into money. I don't know why, but I'm always thinking about spending, saving, calculating, planning, budgeting, just everything. It is a curse, but it's just something about myself I can't change. But one thing I'm going to actively be trying to change is how much money I waste. So I don't have any big secret, I'm not someone who thinks the best way to do this is have a major budget with every detail covered. I'm someone who is realistic and understands that if I want to save money, in the most basic ways, i need to not spend money.

I spent some time today at my good friend Adam's house writing and recording some music. The kid is a genius when it comes to music and it is fascinating to watch how much he has learned about the process of recording and producing music. He has books, dedicates time to the proper micing of instruments, invests money in equipment and all around knows music. He says he wants to be a music producer which I honestly think seems like his calling. Me and him used to record music together a few years back and he always had an ear for the tiniest of details and thats a quality I'm glad he's learning that he can capitalize on. But I had fun today, we both got to sit there and fuck around with guitars and his new drum set (which he is surprisingly good at). I could honestly spend HOURS just bullshitting around on a guitar and for some reason having one in my lap and playing is the most relaxing thing ever. I can't wait until I save up enough money to buy my own. Btw is any of you reading play guitar I want to get an Epiphone ES333 Dot guitar. I played one at Guitar Center last night for like half an hour and fell in love.

I'm going to Vegas in a couple days with some friends of mine and really looking forward to that, so my post next week I'll probably talk a bit about that. So I will see you all until next time!

tk

No comments:

Post a Comment